• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola Yield with 3” of rain or less?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola Yield with 3” of rain or less?

What is the lucky high level mark now that combines are starting to hit it? My swath is big and heavy from the road looks like 60bu on a sufficient rain year if you don’t inspect it closer and I don’t think I’ll average much over 20. 30 bu on my best fields.

same here
    guy west arb said 15-20, but a lot dryer
    how far are you from us ?
    Last edited by Guest; Aug 24, 2021, 12:07.

Comment

A few early crops getting straight cut here. Around 10 for field averages so far. Instantaneous maxed at ~25 in a few low spots.

That's on ~4" of rain. There are not many that look better, plenty that look worse.

Comment

8bpa to 40 bpa on the monitor. Avg so far 25.

Comment

We had subsoil, lots of snow we had about the same amount of rain. But we had high humidity and we had less intense heat. I estimate canola will be anywhere from 20 to 60 plus around here. But twenty miles west, it’s all bad, and I estimate five to fifteen over there. Less subsoil, lighter land. Low humidity, and was much hotter.
          Last edited by Sheepwheat; Aug 24, 2021, 12:16.

Comment

Swathing our Nexera right now and it's ridiculously heavy from the road and impressive from the swather if you ignore pod size. Hoping for 40 but I think we will be sadly disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
              We had subsoil, lots of snow we had about the same amount of rain. But we had high humidity and we had less intense heat. I estimate canola will be anywhere from 20 to 60 plus around here. But twenty miles west, it’s all bad, and I estimate five to fifteen over there. Less subsoil, lighter land. Low humidity, and was much hotter.
              We had ridiculous amounts of subsoil moisture. Survived the beetles. The heat fried everything, roots dove right past the fertilizer and I think lygus bugs might have played a small part at the very end when it was too late to spray.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Tone View Post
                We had ridiculous amounts of subsoil moisture. Survived the beetles. The heat fried everything, roots dove right past the fertilizer and I think lygus bugs might have played a small part at the very end when it was too late to spray.
                Our hottest temp was 33 one day. Most of the forecast highs were not hit. Lots of 27, 28, 29, a few 30’s, but not many.

Comment

Big swaths.
                  Pods small like Turdo's Brain..

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post

Big swaths.
                    Exactly! I haven't check bushel weight yet but I'm thinking down on that as well.

Comment

3 inches of rain? Are you talking just this year or the last 2?
                      Combined?

Comment

I am wondering what 6" of rain will get us for canola yield: 3 in while the crop was growing and 3 in from the last 2 days while the crop was in swath. Those swaths do look impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                          same here
                          guy west arb said 15-20, but a lot dryer
                          how far are you from us ?

15-20 last year, except it was a flood and most drown out. I'll take the dry year. It'll be much easier to harvest...I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                            3 inches of rain? Are you talking just this year or the last 2?
                            Combined?
                            This year only. Last year we were drowned out and averaged out to 12bu.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post

Big swaths.
                              That is a real pretty swath.👍 I’m glad I don’t have any canola along pavement this year…………

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...